- March 12, 2018
- Posted by: Kleopatra Arapi
- Category: Uncategorized
Position Title: Maritime Supply Chain Management – Clinical Assistant Professor / Associate Professor
The Strome College of Business at Old Dominion University invites highly qualified applicants for a Clinical Assistant / Associate Professor position in the area of Maritime and Supply Chain Management. The position would begin Fall 2018.
A qualified candidate:
- Must possess a doctoral degree in Supply Chain Management or a business-related field.
- Must meet the college definition of Scholarly Academic or Practice Academic under Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) guidelines; this could include publications in academic and professional journals, presentations and professional organization participation at a level that is consistent with AACSB standards.
- Should have a strong commitment to teaching excellence.
- Should have excellent oral and written communication skills. Must be able to interface with the Maritime business community.
- Particularly desirable are candidates with a record of Operations and Supply Chain or Maritime industry experience and an enthusiasm for collaborative learning with local Maritime and Supply Chain partners.
- This position supports the Maritime Institute and will represent the program to industry. Publication of translational or applied research is expected.
- This position includes a responsibility for undergraduate student advising.
Candidates who seek a Clinical Assistant Professor position must have a doctoral degree completed by the starting date and some industry experience.
Candidates who seek a Clinical Associate Professor position must have a doctoral degree, extensive industry experience, and six-years of college teaching experience.
Applicants should submit a letter of interest addressing position requirements, curriculum vitae, contact information for three professional references, teaching evaluations if available, and either a graduate transcript or list of completed graduate courses at https://jobs.odu.edu by clicking on Teaching and Research Faculty opportunities. Review of applications will begin on April 22, 2018 and continue until the position is filled.
Inquiries should be directed to: Dr. Erika Marsillac, the Maritime and Supply Chain Management Discipline, Department of Information Technology and Decision Sciences, Old Dominion University, Norfolk, VA 23529-0219. Telephone: (757) 683-3662, e-mail: email@example.com.
Old Dominion University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
All information about this opening might be found here.